The ultimate experience of relaxation in nature
Very popular in Scandinavian countries, the experience offered by Le Nordique spa Stoneham is based on the concept of alternating hot and cold temperatures over the course of 2 to 4 hours to achieve optimal relaxation.
1. Warm up the body
Duration: 10-15 minutes
Relax for 10 to 15 minutes in either the dry heat of our real Finnish sauna or the pleasant humidity of our hammam (Turkish steam bath).
– Finnish sauna (2x)
– Turkish steam bath (hammam) (2x)
2. Cool off the body
Duration: 0-1 min
Once you are hot and sweating, cool yourself off rapidly by plunging for several seconds into the refreshing cold waters of our Nordic bath or the Jacques-Cartier River, or, in winter, directly into the snow. This may seem harsh, but will be quite pleasant as long as your body is thoroughly hot. This step is essential in order to close the skin pores and ensure complete elimination of toxins.
– Jacques-Cartier river
– Nordic bath
– Multi-jet shower
– In the snow
Duration: 10-15 minutes
In order to allow your body to recuperate, relax in a calm environment, allowing yourself to appreciate the present moment, for as much time as you had spent in the sauna or steam bath in Step 1.
– Indoor relaxation rooms (4x)
– Exterior spaces
– Long chairs
4. Hot tubs
Duration: As needed
If you wish, continue to relax in the outdoor jacuzzis, which are heated 12 months a year. The calming effect of the warm water and light massage provided by the whirlpool jets completes your relaxation experience.
– Outdoor large hot tubs (2x)
You can repeat these steps as many times as needed, although 2 to 3 cycles are usually sufficient to attain a noticeably more relaxed state. For those who desire a longer and even more relaxing experience, we offer Swedish massages provided by professional registered massage therapists.
- A swimsuit must be worn at all times
- Wearing sandals in baths, saunas, and steam rooms is prohibited
- In all other areas of the spa, sandals must be worn at all times
- Smoking and eating is prohibited in all relaxation areas
- Please respect our guidelines regarding silence/quiet conversation
- Continual hydration throughout your stay at the spa is essential
- Suggested durations for each relaxation step are approximate and will vary between individuals. It’s important to listen to your body and respect its limits.
- We recommend consulting your health professional before visiting our spa if you are pregnant or suffer from any of the following: cardiovascular health issues, high or low blood pressure, diabetes, or lung diseases.
- Produces a relaxing and tonic effect
- Improves skin elasticity and firmness
- Eliminates toxins and deeply cleanses the skin
- Stimulates cardiovascular function
- Improves blood circulation
- Relieves muscle soreness
- Relieves colds and light asthma symptoms
- Promotes weight loss
- Improves sleep
After-SPA at La Souche